1/7/2020 9:35:00 AM by RV Cover Supply, Inc.
Tips for Installing an RV Cover
*Tips and Content available from RV Cover Supply*
Most RV Covers are rolled and packaged with the front end of the cover to
the outside and labeled.
The front of the RV cover should be labeled for easy identification (most are labeled with the logo on the front of the RV cover).Your RV Cover will provide years of service if you take the precaution of examining your RV for sharp areas that could tear the cover (such as mirrors, awning mounts, gutter extensions etc.). Taking a few moments to pad these areas before installing the cover will help extend the life of the RV cover.
To install the cover, proceed as follows:
1. Place the rolled cover on the front end of the roof.
2. Roll the RV cover to the back end of the roof.
3. Working from front to back, spread the cover to the side edges of the roof.
4. From the ground, use a stepladder and work from front to back to pull the cover
down over the sides of the RV. Adjust the fit as necessary.
5. Before securing the elasticized hems, you may wish to use the included
reinforcement/repair kit to add protection to stress areas from sharp edges and gutter spout extensions.
6. Secure the elasticized hems under the front and rear end of the RV.
7. Snug additional material using the adjustable strap system attached to the front, rear and undercarriage of the unit to provide a secure fit.
8. All covers (except Pop Up and Class B Conversion Van Covers) have attached tie down straps at the bottom sidewalls of the cover. Slide straps under the unit and connect on the opposite side.
Please Note! Your RV Cover is for storage only. Do not attempt to travel with the cover on, or partially on. Contact with hot surfaces such as exhaust systems will damage the cover. Always cover sharp areas of the RV before installing the RV cover (tennis balls or pieces of pool noodles work great).
Caution! Always take care when walking on the roof of your RV. Avoid walking on the RV Cover. Walking on the cover may cause you to slip. Whenever possible,use two people to install the RV Cover. Do not attempt to install the cover in windy conditions.
Cleaning Instructions: The cover may be cleaned by spraying with a hose and/or using a solution of mild soap and water, and a soft brush. Rinse with hose and allow to dry completely before folding for storage.
BEFORE INSTALLING COVER
Make sure the unit is clean and free of any debris and all sharp areas are covered with padded protection.
Article Provided by: https://rvcoversupply.com/