So, you're thinking about getting your tattoo off, but just can't make up your mind. Is it worth the money and time to get it off? Obviously, there's a lot of factors that come into play there, including some personal preferences, but here's a few questions to think about in your decision-making process:
1) Do I feel like my tattoo is holding me back? In my job? In my emotions (link to an ex-, previous lifestyle), etc?
2) Does the tattoo reflect who I am now? Often, we'll get patients that have many tattoos and only want one off. Often the offending tattoo was their first one or done during "a phase."
3) Am I willing to do the full treatment? Removal with Vanish's laser is highly effective, but it is a process. If you want it off in one or 2 treatments, it might not be right for you. While a few tattoos can be significantly removed in a few treatments, most require a commitment of 8-12 visits to completely remove them.
4) If I don't want to do the full removal process, am I ok with just fading it? This is an option too.
5) Do I want to re-tattoo over the area? If you do, then using our laser tattoo removal process is the way to go. With the best odds against scarring, this method allows you the option to re-tattoo over the same area later.
6) Do I have a deadline? It's important to plan ahead if you want to be ready for a certain event (like a wedding!) Allow yourself enough time to get the results you want- don't leave this decision to the last minute!