Here at Vanish, with the use of our Trinity Laser, our certified laser specialists are able to remove a wide variety of skin discolorations from age spots and sun damage, to freckles, and more. When seeking to have an age spot or other discoloration removed, it is important to know that it is merely a begnin pigmented lesion and not something more serious. Warning signs are easily remembered by thinking of your ABC's.
- A: Asymmetry, if the spot is irregular in shape, it may be more serious than a simple cosmetic issue.
- B: Border, if the spot has a border around it, you should seek a dermatology professional before attempting to have the spot removed.
- C: Color, if the area is irregular in color, it may be an indicator of something more severe.
- D: Diameter, if the spot is larger than a pencil eraser, it may be a warning sign.
- E: evolving, if the spot changes over a period of time, you will want to have it checked out. Freckles and age spots typically do not change once they appear.
While Vanish is eager to help you with removing skin discolorations for a more aesthetically pleasing appearance, we are first and foremost committed to ensuring the safety of our patients. If any spot appears to be more than merely a cosmetic issue, we will ask that you have a professional check it out before continuing with laser removal treatment.