3/22/2013 2:29:00 AM by McKim Chiropractic
Out of the many chiropractors listed in a directory today, you may be asking for suggestions as to how to select the one with the best chiropractic services that will meet your unique needs. As you know, the appropriate chiropractic treatment is critical to the role it plays in your overall health and well-being. You want to find chiropractors who will help you attain your personal health goals, and maximize your potential for experiencing life to the fullest.
Don't let location, an attractive sign, or a large ad in the phone directory be a primary basis for your choice. Of course, if the best one happens to have an office nearby, that's great for you.
Important factors for choosing chiropractors and chiropractic services:
1. Ask a Friend. If you have a friend who shares your perspective on health and wellness, ask for a recommendation. Ask questions about the doctor, the staff, fees, availability, and services offered. Because your friend knows both you and the chiropractor, he or she may be able to tell whether your health philosophies and personalities are compatible.
2. Meet the Doctor. Most chiropractors will be willing to meet you for an initial consultation at no cost. You want to know whether the chiropractic services offered are right for you, and whether you feel comfortable with the doctor.
3. How will you be evaluated? The focus of chiropractic is on the nervous system, which is the master control system of your body. Does the clinic use modern, non-invasive instruments with which to objectively evaluate the function of your nerve system?
4. What types of techniques are used? If you have been to chiropractors before, you know there are many different techniques, including adjustments by hand, low-force techniques, and adjustments using instruments. Ask the doctor about what technique will be used.
5. Training. Educational and licensing standards for doctors of chiropractic are now standardized. You should be able to readily view their certificates of education.
6. Fees. If you have a specific health issue, such as back or neck pain, your insurance may pay a portion of your fee. After your examination, the chiropractor should explain to you the proposed course of care, and the fees and payment options. Many are able to offer affordable fees by eliminating the cost of billing insurance.
Remember: The value of chiropractic services in formulating a total strategy for health and well-being is immense. The key is finding a doctor of chiropractic whose philosophy, values, and personality are compatible with yours.
Call our chiropractors at the McKim Health Clinics today or go to http://www.mckimchiropractic.com
for more information about our services and to schedule an appointment. Our licensed and certified staff is committed to helping the residents of Boise, ID
and Nampa, ID
achieve health optimization!