5/2/2012 2:53:00 PM by Automotive And Commercial Locksmith
Important: Turn dial slowly and evenly. Do not turn back to regain alignment if you rotate past the number. If an error is made, re dial the entire combination. Count how many times each number is aligned with the index (at the 12 o' clock position); do not count turns. Always view the dial an ring straight on, not at an angle.
- Turn dial left, aligning the first number of your combination with the opening index (12 o' clock) the fourth time it comes to the index.
- Turn dial right, aligning second number with the opening index the third time it comes to the index.
- Turn dial left, aligning third number with the opening index the second time it comes to the index.
- Turn the dial right until dial comes to a complete stop.
To re lock and secure the combination lock, one's close turn the dial to the left at least four revolutions.
Important: You must have the correct change key to reset the combination. Do not set the third number of the combination between 5 and 11 on a lock with a dial split at 50. The "forbidden zone" can shift slightly due to installation and tolerances, but will always be between 4 and 12. Do not set adjacent numbers of the combination within five numbers of each other. Do not remove lock cover. If and error is made, re dial the entire combination.
- Using the existing combination on the opening index, unlock combination lock, and open safe door. Re lock with safe door open.
- Dial the existing combination again, using this time the changing index (at the 11 o' clock position). Keep the third number aligned on the changing index.
- Insert change key into key hole on the lock's cover. Change key must be completely inserted.
- Rotate key left 90 degrees
- Enter a new three number combination using the changing index, dialing as follows:
- Turn dial left until the first number aligns with the changing index the fourth time.
- Turn the dial right until the second new number aligns with the changing index the third time.
- Turn dial left until the third new number aligns with the changing index the second time.
- Turn the dial right 10 numbers.
- Rotate change key right 90 degrees until it stops. Remove change key.
- Using the opening index this time, check new combination at least three times before locking the safe.
- After changing the opening code, the lock should be opened and locked several times with the safe door open.
Important: Do not select codes such as birthdays or other predictable data which could give a correlation between the user and the opening code.
Locksmith Services (954) 347-9566