3/25/2012 12:04:00 PM by B&D Appliance Repair Service
Are your dishes not as clean as you would like when you take them from the dishwasher?
Here are 7 tips that will help you to enjoy sparkling clean dishes!!
1. Rinse most or ALL the food off your dishes prior to putting them in the dishwasher. Use warm water only, NO SOAP, when rinsing. Even though you think you've rinsed all the soap off, you haven't! This will cause a sudsing effect in your dishwasher and leave a film on your dishes. If you leave food on your dishes, that food usually ends up clogging the pump, spray arms and drain lines. Then you'll need to call me for a repair!!
2. Do not overload the dishwasher! Leave some room so that water from the spray arms can get to all the dishes.
3. Do not put large & tall items in dishwasher. Wash these items in the sink by hand. (The Old- Fashioned Way). Large items like pots, pans and skillets block the water. Tall items like cookie sheets can block the spray arms from turning.
4. If your machine has a pop-up tower connected to the lower spray arm, be sure not to cover the opening in the center of the lower rack. This has to be clear so the tower can pop up and clean the top rack. If you have a dish covering this area or even leaning over it, the top rack will not get cleaned properly.
5. Do not use too much dishwasher detergent. More is NOT better! I suggest filling the first cup (which goes into the tub immediately) completely full. The second cup is not necessary but if you want to put detergent in that one also, only fill it half way. I prefer using the Electrosol tablets. However, don't put the tablet in the soap cup like it says on the box. Put the tablet on the bottom of the dishwasher under the lower rack. This gives the dishwasher more time to rinse out all the soap before the end of the cycle.
6. VERY VERY IMPORTANT!! When you are ready to start your machine, first turn on the HOT water at the sink and wait till it gets as hot as it's going to get. Then turn the water off and start your dishwasher. This puts hot water into the machine from the start. If you don't do this the tub could fill up with cold water.(Because it's usually a long way from the Hot Water Heater to the kitchen) Cold water will not disolve the soap or clean the dishes properly.
7. Finally, Clean your dishwasher once a month! I recommend that you use "LemiShine". This product is available at most grocery stores. This will help keep hard water deposits from building up in your dishwasher and help keep your glasses sparkling clean!! Just follow the directions. You can read more about this product at: http://www.lemishine.com
For more Appliance Tips go to: appliance repair Lancaster, CA
And please check out Antelope Valley Appliance Repair Service Blog
-Bob Meadows/Owner/B&D Appliance Repair Service/Palmdale,CA