Brown Electric Co

marketing messageCall Today
open quoteBrown Electric Company was started in December, 1947 by Glenn O. and Lucille Brown. Initially working out of a 1939 Lincoln Zephyr and his home on the west side of Odessa, Glenn did service work and read moreclose quote


Address: 2525 N Jackson Ave
Odessa, TX 79761
Intersection:Jackson Ave N & University Blvd E
Telephone: (432)332-1558
Website: brownelectricco.net
Follow us on Facebook facebook page
Category:Electricians



General Information

Brown Electric Company was started in December, 1947 by Glenn O. and Lucille Brown. Initially working out of a 1939 Lincoln Zephyr and his home on the west side of Odessa, Glenn did service work and soon started wiring houses.Prospering in the bustling West Texas economy, Brown Electric acquired several employees and by 1950 had many commercial projects. In 1952, the company moved into larger quarters at 2127 Kermit Highway.In 1953 Brown Electric Company completed an addition to Medical Center Hospital, the largest commercial project to that date.On March 1, 1957, Brown Electric Company was incorporated in Texas, by this time doing commercial projects almost exclusively.During the 1960's and 1970's Brown Electric Company had achieved a prominent position in the West Texas construction industry, with an enviable reputation for quality of work and dependable service.Among the major projects of this period was the Sewell Ford building and the National Bank of Odessa office building ( now Compass Bank ).In 1981, Glenn R. Brown, a Professional Engineer, joined the company, which about this time also started installing computer cabling and telecommunications wiring.

Map To This Location

 From


 
go

Back to Top