San Pedro Lock & Keys' exact origin is unknown, but prior to 1933 it was part of a bicycle shop owned by Jimmy Caughlin and his father on Pacific Ave. in San Pedro, CA. It was in 1933 that the two businesses separated and San Pedro Lock & Key found a new location, then moved several years later to it's current location at 464 W. 7th Street.
When Jimmy Caughlin retired in 1971, Dave Garside bought the shop and expanded the business with the acquisition of Carson Lock & Safe, Gardena Lock & Safe, Long Beach Lock & Key and Paramount Lock & Safe. Today his son Alan, along with his competent staff operate San Pedro Lock & Key.
Today San Pedro Lock & Key offers a broad range of services, sales, repairs, and installation needs. We serve residential, commerical and industrial customers within the entire South Bay Area.